Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Only the brave bare!

Only those that are brave would talk about experiences that display their stupidity,right? So,in my particularly brave mood,here goes!
I took class on "The 7 habits of highly effective people" a couple of years ago. For 3 days, a group of about 10 of us were imparted precious words of wisdom on how to live life more efficiently. I left feeling mighty puffed and totally empowered to take on the world!
The next day,a bunch of us decided to go to a salad and soup buffet place for lunch. We car pooled,and I drove us all. Eager to implement my newly gained wisdom,I decided that I did not need my purse,would be easier to pig out at the buffet without having to guard my purse!So I took out just my credit card and tucked it in my pocket. I locked the car and plonked my purse in the trunk of the car.
Mid-way through my meal,I realized that I had put the car keys into the purse that was oh-so-efficiently locked in the trunk!
After my colleagues recovered from their laughing fit,one of them called his friend who came and drove us back to work,luckily I had a spare key at my desk,so I could come back to the lunch place and drive back to work!
Well,that was a lesson on being efficient that I will not forget!

4 comments:

  1. one of those OOPS moments eh? I have always feared that I might do this one day, but you beat me to it heehee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha....it could be me! Came across ur blog from Parul's. Will blogroll you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story! Although it was not funny for you at that time I bet!! Sometimes the best of intentions are not enough huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ranju - Ofcourse,I am older than you!
    @BeachBum - Waves Hi!
    @rkramadh - It was pretty funny for all the ppl I was with,looks like my brains went out to lunch before I did!

    ReplyDelete