Friday, April 3, 2009

A serious WTF moment!

The garage door was broken,the door would get stuck and the motor would start screeching grrrrr when the door was half way up. So,we called the home warranty company and the guy came over to take a look at it. There was no stress about who works from home/takes a break from work to stay home to be around when the repairman came,i was conveniently at home anyhow!
He came over,"diagnosed" the issue,came over to pick up the check. I asked him what the problem was,and he said " its a problem with the switch,must be too geeky for you". I was so mad,and said that had a masters in EE, and know what a damn switch was!I insisted be explain the problem,or I ain't giving him a dime!I was seriously pissed,maybe last week,I would have let it go,but really? Was one silly 25 year old motor-switch logic too complex for me? I need to get a job soon!

2 comments:

  1. You know what, I would be just as pissed (even without a EE degree!). Some people talk down to us and I can't stand that! I sure would give him a good piece of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rkramadh - Yeah,its not about the degree,its about that guy assuming that because I was at home,I must be dumb! Puh-lease!

    ReplyDelete